Z axis position, ca…

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Z axis position, calibration z-offset not working, what can I do?

6678a7a2c3f39e5af2f46b3cc4353459?s=80&d=mm&r=g
(@ggerard)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

Every time I start the armbot the control app says this is at the bottom (height = 0) position. If I try to somehow tell him that the position is not that (through Calibration – Zoffset) the button doesn’t work (the gripper button does work).

Since the software thinks it is at the bottom, I cannot move it to the bottom, so I’m stuck at this position unless I manually move the armbot down (or unless I tell the software to go to the maxumum up stressing the armbot to kind of reset it).

Is this a known issue? Or I have something wrongly connected? Has the lidar sensor any role here? 

Thanks

** Out of topic, check if the Effector description is correct in this image (/2019/09/pyBot-control-APP-basic-features-1024×518.png) pyBot control APP basic features

350a26dd49eb55d3494500240423a207?s=80&d=mm&r=g
(@robotn1)
Member Admin

I am not sure I am understanding correctly. Tha clamp (closed) is touching the floor when you power up the Pybot?

ReplyQuote
6678a7a2c3f39e5af2f46b3cc4353459?s=80&d=mm&r=g
(@ggerard)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

@robotn1 The real clamp is closed and at the last height I left it before I turned off the arm

The virtual clamp is always closed and touching the floor when I start the arm

The situation is that now the arm is at the highest position, and when I turn on the arm I cannot get it down (unless manually, or moving virtually to the maximum height and then the arm physically will collide with the barrier, a somehow brute force restart)

ReplyQuote
350a26dd49eb55d3494500240423a207?s=80&d=mm&r=g
(@robotn1)
Member Admin

The Pybot will not remember the latest position you left it when turned off. So you need to initialize it every time you turn it ON again. The staring position would be: the clamp closed and touching the “floor” and the arm as straight as you can. After that, the arm will look for an…let’s say “an obstacle” to know where it is. Actually, to confirm where it is, forcing the stepper motors to miss steps.

gerard liked
ReplyQuote
Share: