Share:
Notifications
Clear all

DEVIA Control Board TEST code – red LED and incomplete test

6668488148e262531bf7fd94ed54e7d1?s=80&d=mm&r=g
(@planetrio)
Topic starter  

Hello,

I am fairly new to the Arduino world and my first project is the SPHERE-O-BOT (or EggBot, as named on Thingiverse).
I purchased the board and the steppers from the jjrobots page.
Devia Robotics Control board v1.0 .The enhanced Arduino Zero (jjrobots.com)
Stepper motor DRIVER (A4988) + heatsink > jjrobots (although mine are on red boards)

After I assembled everything and it didn`t work properly (servo doesn`t move correct, motors are buzzing),  I started to research and stumbled across the “Devia Control Board Test code”. I uploaded it and when I connect the board (power + USB), the blue LED next to the WiFi-module flashes one time and then the red LED flashed once, and after a two flashes of the red and green LED togehter, the red LED constantly stays on, green one is off. I tried it with and without the steppers on board (correct direction) – same results.
So I made my way the the serial monitor and I got this response:
TEST: Checking IMU…
WHO_AM_I : 11, error = 0
TEST: WIFI. Generating network JJROBOTS_TEST

Then it stops there and nothing else happens. Does anyone have some hints, what to do/try  next?

Some “additional” information (see also picture).
When I tested the EggBOT with Inkscape, I measured some voltages. Not much happened at the servo pins. GND and +5V were ok, but the 3rd pin for the signal only varied between 100 an 400mV when I changed the pen holder value in Inkscape (0-100%).
Another thing, which irritated me, was that the pins for the stepper motors have 12V on them. I thought that should be lower, as the operating voltage for the 17HS4401 stepper motors is ranged from 2.5 to 3V.

DEVIA

Thank you for any input!

This topic was modified 1 month ago 2 times by planetrio

6668488148e262531bf7fd94ed54e7d1?s=80&d=mm&r=g
(@planetrio)
Topic starter  

Ok. I think I am zeroing in on a part of the problem. I think the stepper motors have the wrong range of operating voltage. They should have 12-24V, but mine are way off (2.5-3V). Dang! 
….but this still doesn`t solve the issue with the servo?

ReplyQuote
07c5ce06732950ca87d227c44eb954da?s=80&d=mm&r=g
(@wernercappel)

Greetings from Germany

… 3 days ago I got my DEVIA board via Spain. And today I tried it for the first time. 
I also have the same problem. After uploading the test code from the JJrobots website I get the same sequence. The red and green LED flashes briefly and then the red LED stops permanently. 
When checking via the serial monitor I get the same result:

JJROBOTS DEVIA BOARD TEST CODE v1.0

SWITCH Not Pressed
TEST: LEDS…
TEST: Checking IMU…
  WHO_AM_I : 11, error = 0

Where is the problem? Is there already a solution for this. My DEVIA board has version number 1.1.

ReplyQuote
fcacc1f5a0f2420f3c271a5fdcba1980?s=80&d=mm&r=g
(@crbarahona)

I’m to the same point here. Uploading the Test Code, LED stops on RED, and SERIAL MONITOR never passes:

Uploading the Camera Slider code for some reason ends up creating an AI _THINKER_xxxxx network, but never the JJROBOTS network.

ReplyQuote
07c5ce06732950ca87d227c44eb954da?s=80&d=mm&r=g
(@wernercappel)

… I have found the following solution:

In the Board Manager,  (Arduino IDE) install the SAMD driver version 1.8.10. With the current version 1.8.11, there are apparently the problems described.

ReplyQuote
Share: